The best cookie I've ever had is the Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies, which was served in our high school cafeteria. Three giant, always fresh from the oven, soft cookies for a dollar. So ever since I graduated from Ben Davis seven *cough* years ago, I've been looking (and often failing) for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is as delicious as that cookie.
Alas, I am sharing with you the recipe for the best chocolate chip cookie EVER because it is just too delicious to keep to myself. Seriously, make it. It will change your life.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)