You can serve this with bread but best over a bowl of hot rice.
Adapted from Kitchen Shoebox
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb boneless, skinless thighs, cubed (you can use breasts if you prefer that)
- 1 tbp chili powder
- 2 tbsps curry powder (I used red curry because that's what we have)
- 1 tbp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- cilantro (for garnish)
Place potatoes in hot boiling water and cook for 10 minutes (still a little raw). Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
In a large sauce pan, heat oil on medium-high heat and saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add chicken and continue cooking until the chicken has lost its pink colors.
Add all the spices and potatoes and stir well. Continue to cook until chicken and potatoes are tender.
Add tomatoes and coconut milk and heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve over hot rice and garnish with (lots!) cilantro.
Linking up to:
Remodelaholic: Recipe Swap Sundays
33 Shades of Green: Tasty Tuesdays
For The Love of Blogs: Tasty Tuesdays