Adapted from Picky Plate
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken for extra flavor)
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 2 tbsps cumin
- 2 tsps dry Ranch seasoning from packet
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes, mild
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) corn
- 1 can (16 oz) navy beans, drain and rinse
- 3/4 cup uncooked pasta***
- Toppings: cilantro, cheese, sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot then add onions. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant but not brown. Add chicken, chili powder, cumin and Ranch seasoning. Stir often and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add broth and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot. Add corn, navy beans and pasta.*** Cook until heated through and pasta is al dente. Serve with toppings of your choice.